- Ph.D., Georgia State University (2008)
- M.S., Georgia State University (2003)
- M.B.A., Georgia State University (2003)
- B.B.A., University of Georgia (1998)
- Lewis, M. Developing Right and Left Brain Capabilities: An Integrated Approach to Teaching Strategic Management, Forthcoming in Journal of Education Innovation, December, 2011.
- Lewis, M., Mathiassen, L., and Rai, A., Scalable Growth in IT-enabled Service Provisioning: A Sensemaking Perspective, European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 20, 2011, 285-302.
- Gogan, J., and Lewis, M. “Peak experiences and strategic IT alignment at Vermont Teddy Bear.” Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases, April, 2011.
- Rai, A, Venkatesh, V, Bala, H, Lewis, M. “Modularizing Business Architectures: Drives, Constraints, and Actions” Management Information Systems Quarterly – Executive, vol. 53, no. 3, 2010.
- Lewis, M., Hornyak, R., Patnayakuni, R., Rai, A. "Business Network Agility for Global Demand-Supply Synchronization: A Comparative Case Study in the Apparel Industry," Journal of Global Information Technology Management, vol. 11, no. 2, 5-29, 2008.
- Lewis, M., Young, B., Mathiassen, L., Rai, A., and Welke, R., “Business Process Innovation Based on Stakeholder Perceptions,” Information, Knowledge, and Systems Management, 2007, 7-27.
Refereed Scholarly Proceedings of National and International Conferences
- Lewis, M., Sankaranarayanan, B., Rai, A. RFID-Enabled Innovation and Its Impact on Healthcare Process Performance: A Multi-level Analysis. Presented at the AIS's Forthcoming in International Conference on Information Systems, St. Louis.
- Lewis, M. and Baxter, R., “Negotiating the Pack: The Development and Deployment of Electronic Personal Health Records,” Academy of Management National Meeting-TIM Track, 2010, Montreal, Canada.
- Gogan, J., Lewis, M., Sankaranaryanan, B. Johnson, E. "Aiming at a moving target: IT alignment in toy companies," in European Conference on Information Systems, 2010, Perto, South Africa.
- Lewis, M., Sankaranarayanan, B., and Rai, A. “Exploring Transition in Healthcare Information Systems: A Process Perspective on RFID Enabled Change,” Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference on Information Systems, 2009, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Baxter, Ryan and Lewis, M. "The Influence of Industry Structure on the Development and Deployment of a Personal Health Record System," in Organizations and Society in Information Systems (OASIS 2009) Conference, 2009, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Lewis, M., Sankaranarayanan, B., and Rai, A., “RFID-Enabled Process Capabilities and Their Impacts on Healthcare Process Performance: A Multi-level Analysis,” European Conference on Information Systems, 2009, Verona, Italy.
- Lewis, M., Mathiassen, L., and Rai, A. “Developing IS Enabled Capabilities for a Vendor: A Case Study,” Americas Conference on Information Systems, San Francisco, California, 2009.
- Lewis, M. and Rai, A. "Building Sustainable Partnerships," in MISQ-Executive Workshop, December, 2007.
- Lewis, M. "Sensemaking in Strategic Outsourcing Partnerships: A Multilevel Investigation of IT enabled Dynamic Capabilities," published as Research Poster in the IFIP TC 8 WG 8.6 International Working Conference Notebook, Atlanta, GA, 2005.
Case Studies and Practitioner Articles
- Lewis, M., Rai, A., Forquer, D., and Quinter, D., “Value Creation through Supply Chain Partnerships: A Case Study of the UPS and HP Relationship” Ivey Case Publishing, 2007.
- Lewis, M., Rai, A., “Teaching Note: A Case Study of the UPS and HP Relationship” Ivey Case Publishing, 2007.
- Lewis, M. and Rai, A., “Building Sustainable Partnerships: Ensuring Your Supply Chain Partnerships are Built to Last.” MIT – Supply Chain Strategy, August, 2006.
- Rai, A., V. Sambamurthy, and Lewis, M. (2002). Adaptive Logistics and Transportation. SAP Sponsored Thought Leadership Forum on Adaptive Supply Chain Networks: 1-13.
- Rai, A., C. Ruppel, and Lewis, M. (2002). Sense and Respond. SAP Sponsored Thought Leadership Forum on Adaptive Supply Chain Networks: 1-13.
Strategic Management, Creativity and Innovation, Decision Making
Strategic use of information technology, technology and innovation management, design thinking and individual creativity
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of Management
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-8120
Fax: (828) 262-8685