Associate Professor & Chairperson
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Ph.D., Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
M.S., Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- Dickinson College
B.A., Liberal Arts
- Felty, R., Whitaker, B. G., Bergman, S. M., & Bergman, J. Z. (2015). The longitudinal influence of narcissism in the team context. International Journal of Organization Theory and Behavior.
- Bergman, S. M., Small, E. E., Bergman, J. Z., & Bowling, J. J. (2014). Leadership emergence and group development: A longitudinal examination of project teams. Journal of Organizational Psychology.
- Buckner, G. E., Hindman, H. H., Huelsman, T. J., & Bergman, J. Z. (2014). Managing workplace sexual harassment: The role of manager training. Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 26(4), 257-278.
- Weathington, B., Bergman, S. M., & Bergman, J. Z. (2014). Training science-practitioners: Broadening the training of IO Psychologists. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 7(1), 35-38.
- Bergman, J. Z., Westerman, J. W., Bergman, S. M., Westerman, J. H., & Daly, J. P. (2014). Narcissism, materialism, and environmental ethics in business students. Journal of Management Education, 38(4), 489-510.
- Davenport, S. W., Bergman, S. M., Bergman, J. Z., & Fearrington, M. E. (2014). Twitter versus Facebook: Exploring the role of narcissism in the motives and usage of different social media platforms. Computers in Human Behavior, 32, 212-220.
- Westerman, J. W., Bergman, J. Z., Bergman, S. M., & Daly, J. P. (2012). Are universities creating Millennial narcissistic employees? An empirical examination of narcissism in business students and its implications. Journal of Management Education, 36(1), 5-32.
- Bergman, J. Z., Rentsch, J. R., Small, E. E., Davenport, S. W., & Bergman, S. M. (2012). The shared leadership process in decision-making teams. The Journal of Social Psychology, 152(1), 17-42.
- Bergman, S. M., Fearrington, M., Davenport, S. W., & Bergman, J. Z. (2011). Millennials, narcissism, and social networking: What narcissists do on social networking sites and why. Personality and Individual Differences, 50(5), 706-711.
- Bergman, J. Z., Small, E. E., Bergman, S. M., & Rentsch, J. R. (2010). Asymmetry in perceptions of trustworthiness: It's not you; it's me. Negotiation and Conflict Management Research, 3(4), 379-399.
- Bergman, J. Z., Westerman, J. W., & Daly, J. P. (2010). Narcissism in management education. Academy of Management Learning & Education, 9(1), 119-131.
Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Leadership and Group Dynamics, Employment Law
Group dynamics and team processes, leadership, social perception, personality with an emphasis on narcissism
Department: Deapartment of Management
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-4958
Fax: (828) 262-8685