- Ph.D. Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Tulane University
- M.S. Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Tulane University
- B.S., Psychology; German, Tulane University
Human Resource Management
Strategy & Practice of Human Resource Management
Personnel Selection; Personality; Organizational Justice and Ethics; Diversity issues
- Stewart, S., & Davison, H. K. (in press). Teenage workers need sexual harassment training, #TeensToo. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice.
- DeSimone, J., Davison, H. K., Schoen, J., & Bing, M. N. (in press). Insufficient effort responding as a partial function of implicit aggression. Organizational Research Methods.
- Hamilton, R. H. & Davison, H. K. (2018). The search for skills: Knowledge stars and innovation in the hiring process. Business Horizons, 61, 409-419.
- Davison, H. K., & Smothers, J. (2015). How Theory X style of management arose from a fundamental attribution error. Journal of Management History, 21, 210-231.
- Bing, M. N., Davison, H. K., & Smothers, J. (2014). Item-level frame-of-reference effects in personality testing: An investigation of incremental validity in an organizational setting. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 22, 165-178.
- Davison, H. K. (2014). The paradox of the contented female worker: Why are women satisfied with less pay? Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 26, 195-216.
- Davison, H. K., Mishra, V., Bing, M. N., & Frink, D. D. (2014). How individual performance affects variability of peer evaluations in classroom teams: A distributive justice perspective. Journal of Management Education, 38, 43-85.
- Bing, M. N., Davison, H. K., Vitell, S., Ammeter, A., Garner, B., & Novicevic, M. (2012). An experimental investigation of an interactive model of academic cheating. Academy of Management Learning & Education, 11, 28-48.
- Davison, H. K., Maraist, C. C., & Bing, M. N. (2011). Friend or foe? The promise and pitfalls of using social networking sites for HR decisions. Journal of Business and Psychology, 26, 153-159.
- Bing, M. N., Kluemper, D. H., Davison, H. K., Taylor, S. G., & Novicevic, M. M. (2011). Overclaiming as a measure of faking. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 116, 148-162.
- Bing, M. N., Davison, H. K., Minor, I., Novicevic, M. M., & Frink, D. D. (2011). The prediction of task and contextual performance by political skill: A meta-analysis and moderator test. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 79, 563-577.
- Vitell, S. J., Bing, M. N., Davison, H. K., Ammeter, A. P., Garner, B. L., & Novicevic, M. M. (2009). Religiosity and moral identity: The mediating role of self-control. Journal of Business Ethics, 88, 601-613.
- Stewart, S. M., Bing, M. N., Davison, H. K., Woehr, D. J., & McIntyre, M. D. (2009). In the eyes of the beholder: A non-self report measure of workplace deviance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 94, 207-215.
- Bing, M. N., Stewart, S. M., & Davison, H. K. (2009). An investigation of calculator use on employment tests of mathematical ability: Effects on reliability, validity, test scores, and speed of completion. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 69, 322-350.
- Bing, M. N., Stewart, S. M., Davison, H. K., Green, P. D., McIntyre, M.D., & James, L. R. (2007). An integrative typology of personality assessment for aggression: Implications for predicting counterproductive workplace behavior. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92, 722-744.
- Bing, M. N., LeBreton, J. M., Davison, H. K., Migetz, D. Z., & James, L. R. (2007). Integrating implicit and explicit social cognitions for enhanced personality assessment: A general framework for choosing measurement and statistical methods. Organizational Research Methods, 10(2), 346-389.
- Bing, M. N., Whanger, J. C., Davison, H. K., & VanHook, J. B. (2004). Incremental validity of the frame-of-reference effect in personality scale scores: A replication and extension. Journal of Applied Psychology, 89, 150-157.
- Johnson, J. W., Carter, G. W., Davison, H. K., & Oliver, D. H. (2001). A synthetic validity approach to testing differential prediction hypotheses. Journal of Applied Psychology, 86, 774-780.
- Davison, H. K., & Burke, M. J. (2000). Sex discrimination in simulated employment contexts: A meta-analytic investigation. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 56, 225-248.
- Cortina, J. M., Goldstein, N. B., Payne, S. C., Davison, H. K., & Gilliland, S. W. (2000). The incremental validity of interview scores over and above cognitive ability and conscientiousness scores. Personnel Psychology, 53, 325-351.
Title: Assistant Chair, Associate Professor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6218